Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Wall (not Pink Floyd)

Blanchard is surrounded by a 10 foot block Wall. The wall is built to protect the childen so they can cook for them and staff. If there was no wall, the school would be filled by the hunger.

This has also provided safety for us and comfort. I feel very safe w/ in the Wall but outside of the wall, I don't (language barrier, safety b/c of our skin color indicates $$, etc..)

I feel I put a mental wall up back home. I try to prevent pain and especially for my daughter. I try to avoid any harms way. I hang out w/ certain people and when I go outside of that wall, I question where god is?

Realistically, I need to understand that life outside of the wall is the life on how it was intended: Adventure, dependancy and who knows what? I feel I brought some of my wall down by being in Haiti and that's a start...


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment