Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Start

In January, Haiti suffered an earthquake that caused over 200,000 deaths and over 1 Million homeless!
It was the same time in my life that I was struck w/ a panic attack and ended up in the Hospital. The last 5 month's I have been on a journey that has had its peaks and valley's... Not trying to make a comparison between what's been going on in my life to what the Nation of Haiti as gone thru... But the right word here is Perspective. I usually create a monster inside of me that over time become's a false exaggerated truth (Yes I made that up) Was there reason's in my life to cause anxiety, YES. But its this concept of a different Perspective on why I'm going to Haiti.

BTW, Just to get to Haiti has give me anxiety :) The checklists was long: Immunizations, Washing my clothes with a bug repellant so potent that it can't touch my skin, Carrying 30 lbs of nails in my bag, Medicine (I had to buy a Sun-Sat pill container that I thought only old people bought) everything has to be non-scent: Deodorant, bug spray, sun block, soap, clothes washed in a non sent detergent, etc..

I live in a world of convenience, self gratitude and pills, I decided to go to the place that has absolutely nothing but the people.

I arrive in Haiti on Saturday around 4. So my journey begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment